Saturday, January 15, 2005

Menus Again

I've been neglecting this blog. No good excuse, it's not like we haven't been eating! I've instituted a return to healthy eating. It seems it was one long sugar fest from Halloween to New Year's. Hey, I like sugar as much as the next guy but the kids were snacking more than eating meals. I have mostly skinny kids but L is a little heftier. She is always at the 80-85 percentile for weight so while I don't limit her I do try to steer her towards better choices so she doesn't develop a weight problem. It must suck to have a dietitian for a mother.

This week:
Saturday:
Breakfast:
toast and cocoa
Lunch:
chicken soup and cheese and crackers, grapes, milk
Supper:
salsbury steak, corn on cob, mashed potatoes, garlic toast, OJ or milk

Sunday:
Breakfast:
monkey bread, fruit bowl,milk
Lunch:
pork roast, dressing, broccoli, salad, milk
Supper:
lunch leftovers

Monday:
Breakfast:
pumpkin muffins (in freezer),fruit bowl, milk
Lunch:
pbj, baby carrots, milk
Supper:
chicken and rice casserole, green beans, milk

Tuesday:
Breakfast:
pancakes, blueberries, milk
Lunch:
leftover casserole, milk
Supper:
macaroni and cauliflower with cheese, Birthday cake, OJ

Wednesday:
Breakfast:
eggs with salsa and cheese, OJ
Lunch:
sandwich or leftovers, milk
Supper:
spaghetti, salad, garlic toast, milk

Thursday:
Breakfast:
ham and hash browns, milk
Lunch:
sandwich or leftovers, milk
Supper:
tomato soup and grilled cheese, OJ

Friday:
Breakfast:
muffins or oatmeal, milk, fruit bowl
Lunch:
pbj, milk, fruit
Supper:
homemade pizza, lemondade

Saturday:
Breakfast:
fend for yourself, probably toast
Lunch:
veg soup if I get some made
Supper:
enchiladas, corn, milk

Sunday:
Breakfast:
cinnamon rolls, milk, fruit bowl
Lunch:
chili, corn bread, ice cream, milk
Supper:
probably nachos made with leftovers, OJ

Snacks are popcorn, any fruit from the bowl, toast. I did add in lots of OJ, but I do not have milk drinkers here. I found a sale on the calcium enriched kind. I did a bunch of OAMC baking the other day so muffins, pancakes, rolls, etc are in the freezer which makes it easier. I've been just baking bread on Monday and Thursday, about 4 loaves at a time and freezing half so it stays fresh. I hope to make a big batch of veg soup and chili this week to put in the freezer and pull out as needed.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home